A 1-day course for those who are ready to learn how to get your enthusiasm for racing across to your future students. This course allows existing RYA Dinghy Instructors to teach the RYA Start Racing Course
Duration: 1 Day
You will need an RYA G14 instructor handbook for the course. If you don't have one, get in touch as we have them in our shop.
What to Bring
• Clothes to go sailing in / wetsuit.
If you don't have a wetsuit please bring clothes you don’t mind getting wet in and are not too heavy when wet. For example jeans are not good when wet. Please bring a few changes of clothes, we hope you won’t capsize while sailing but we can’t guarantee it!
• Waterproofs: a lightweight waterproof jacket is perfect and trousers if you have them.
• Shoes for sailing in either wetsuit boots, old trainers or deck shoes are fine.
• Buoyancy Aid (if you have one), it must be a 50 newton BA with a ‘CE’ Mark. If you don’t have a buoyancy aid we will provide one for the course.
• A towel.
• Sun-Screen, sunglasses and hat.
• You might want to bring some gloves, but these are not essential.
• Your packed lunch!
There will be a break for lunch each day of the course. Please bring a packed lunch, as there are no caterers on site. It is a good idea to come armed with some snacks to keep up energy levels during the day.
Keep Sailing Hampton has acces to a large car park free to use for people attending courses.
Keep Sailing Hampton is a Royal Yachting Association (RYA) recognised training centre and complies with all standards set out by the RYA. While sailing is a safe sport everything in life has an element of risk. We ask for your co-operation in complying with our club safety policy. Above all listen to your instructors as they are here for your safety as well as helping to improve your sailing.