Join us for a fun week sailing. The week will be focused on RYA Stage 1. Learning to sail, with a few fun activities mixed in! We are based at Island Barn Reservoir which is a fantastic patch of water perfect for learning to sail! The perfect way to get kids active again after lockdown!
Your kids will be put into groups of 6 with others of similar age and ability. This is a 5 day course where they will be working towards a Stage 1 RYA certificate.
What to Bring
• Clothes to go sailing in / wetsuit. We have a limited supply of wetsuits available for hire with a course. They can be selected in extras when you book the course.
If you don't have a wetsuit please bring clothes you don’t mind getting wet in and are not too heavy when wet. For example jeans are not good when wet. Please bring a few changes of clothes, we hope you won’t capsize while sailing but we can’t guarantee it!
• Water-proofs: a lightweight waterproof jacket is perfect and trousers if you have them.
• Shoes for sailing in: either wetsuit boots, old trainers or deck shoes are fine.
• Buoyancy Aid (if you have one), it must be a 50 newton BA with a ‘CE’ Mark. If you don’t have a buoyancy aid we will provide one for the course.
• A towel.
• Sun-Screen, sunglasses and hat.
• You might want to bring some gloves, but these are not essential.
• Your RYA logbook if you have one.
• Your packed lunch!
There will be a break for lunch each day of the course. Please bring a packed lunch, as there are no caterers on site. It is a good idea to come armed with some snacks to keep up energy levels during the day.
There is a large car park free to use for people attending courses.
All sessions will be run in-line with social distancing measures, please follow your instructor's guidance when you arrive. If you have any symptoms or have been in contact with anyone with symptoms please DO NOT come to your session. Please contact us via phone or email.
COVID-19 Cancellation Policy
Due to the uncertainty surrounding the COVID-19 pandemic, Keep Sailing reserves the right to cancel or postpone all activity if government guidelines on sports clubs changes. You will receive a full refund if we have to cancel your session. See our cancellation policy for more details.
Keep Sailing Hampton is a Royal Yachting Association (RYA) recognised training centre and complies with all standards set out by the RYA. While sailing is a safe sport everything in life has an element of risk. We ask for your co-operation in complying with our club safety policy. Above all listen to your instructors as they are here for your safety as well as helping to improve your sailing.